August 9, 2010

Time goes by TOO fast!!!

I just got back from dropping Emma off for her first day of MIDDLE SCHOOL! How did this happen so fast!?!

I thought it was hard to drop her off at kindergarten, where they are separated from the older kids, and they stay with their teacher all day. The 6th graders have their own class section, but other than that they are mixed with the 7th and 8th graders, even for lunch. Walking around the campus with my tiny ten year old was SCARY! She is so small compared to almost everyone there. I did see a couple of kids shorter than her. There were kids there taller than me! There were boys with facial hair! She didn't have anyone in her class that she knew, and almost all of her friends have 1st lunch while she has 2nd. I do know who her teacher is, she came up from the middle school with Emma, which does help some.

I wanted to pick her up and run to the car with her! Watching her walk to her class I really felt sick to my stomach. She looks so mature now, but she still looks like my little girl too. At the same time I am so proud of the beautiful young woman she is becoming, and I know I can't keep her little forever.

I decided she would probably be totally embarrassed if I freaked out about her still being my baby and taking her home with me. I was able to walk to the car and let her go.

At least it is a minimum day, I can't wait to go and pick her up!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yes it is definitly difficult. But you and Michael are doing a great job and Emma is a smart and has a good head on her shoulders.
Love you