
At the end of April, Allie slammed her finger in the sliding glass door. She screamed hysterically and her finger bled a tiny bit at the top of the nail. We didn't think much of it for a whole week because it looked fine and didn't seem to bother her. Then she woke up Sunday morning and the tip of her finger looked like she had one of those red pencil erasers on it. Really swollen and red clear to the first nuckle. I noticed if you pushed down on the top of the nail there was fluid underneath it, so I knew she was going to loose the nail. A couple of hours later you could look at the top of her nail and see that it was no longer attached to the skin. It looked hollow. Only the edges were attached. I took her to the doctor because it looked infected, but he said it wasn't and pulled the nail off all the way. Allie looked at him like he was crazy! But she didn't cry at all, and it didn't bother her if we touched her finger. The week went on and her finger didn't improve so on Friday I took her back to the doctor and she said it was definitely infected and put her on antibiotics. After two doses her finger looked tons better. It has been 6 weeks since she lost the nail and the new one is about 1/4 of the way back.
FYI - This picture is when it was looking better!
2 comments:
I don't know about you, but I'm Allies father and this picture makes me sick - I think I better lay down.
Yikes! That looks so painful! She sounds like a true Stevulak child, amazing pain tolerance!
Post a Comment