March 6, 2009

Toe Nail Drama

My darling little Allie HATES to have her nails trimmed, absolute torture for the poor girl (and me). Last night she was in desperate need of serious trimming, so I tried to be clever. I thought that if I could trim the first one and then paint it (she has never had her toenails painted before) she would like it. WRONG - do you remember the backpack fit from Christmas? Well, this was just as bad. I got the first nail trimmed which she usually allows, and then I got it painted. She started screaming at me! She was sooooo mad I couldn't believe it! What little girl hates pink toenails? Anyway, I kept telling her how pretty it was and trying to calm her down to see if I could get any more done. I trimmed the second one which was a bit of a challenge, and then painted it and told her it was pretty. She didn't seem to settle down very much so I stopped with just two done, after all two was better than zero. I put the nail stuff away and started to put the polish away and she freaked out! She tried to get the polish away from me and I thought she wanted to put it away but then she sat down and pointed to toe number three and said "Pretty". So I asked her if she wanted me to paint that toe and she said "yeah!" I told her that I needed to trim it first and she went and got the clippers out of the drawer and gave them to me. After that she very excitedly pointed to each undone toe and said "Pretty" - We got the rest of her toes trimmed and polished and she very happily showed everyone in the family and said pretty over and over until bed time! I sure love that confusing, infuriating, adorable little girl!

No comments: